Dec 10 2012
Recently we have provided a tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro to Android 2.3.6. Now the Samsung has release an update DDLJ1 Android 2.3.6 for its Galaxy Y Duos users. If you are Galaxy Y Duos user then this tutorial will help you to update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to DDLJ1 Android 2.3.6 Firmware. Let’s continue to the procedure.
This tutorial will help you to update your device with Android 2.3.6 DDLJ1. Before proceeding with the tutorial, make sure you backup all your important data as a precaution. This backup will be useful to restore your data if lost. Let’s continue with the procedure.
The Tools, Mods/Roms mentioned in this article belong to their respective owners/developers. We (myandroidclub.com) will not be held responsible for any kind of damage happen to your device while following the tutorial. You are advised to try this tutorial at your own risk.
Release Date: 26-10-12
- You need to install USB drivers for your device. USB drivers will help you to connect your device with your system.
- Make sure you have your USB’s in the debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your device must be charged at least more than 85%. Uncharged battery can cause your device to get off in the mid of the procedure which may cause your device to go dead permanently.
- You should backup your all important data, apps and APN settings. This backup can help you to restore your data if lost.
- You need to have a factory unlocked device to install Android 2.3.6 DDLJ1 on it.
If you have used ODIN for updating your devices then you can easily update your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 by following the tutorial given below. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial to update your device with 2.3.6 DDLJ1 Android.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- The tutorial mentioned here is only for Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102. You are advised not to try this on any other variants of the device.
- This firmware is not a branded firmware by Samsung.
- You should backup all your data, apps and setting before proceeding.
You will lose the root access to the system once you update your device with Android 2.3.6 DDLJ1. To gain the access to its system you will have to root it again.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with Android 2.3.6 DDLJ1 Firmware
1. Download Android 2.3.6 S6102 DDLJ1 for your device. Once downloaded successfully, extract the zip files.
2. Download ODIN v1.85. ODIN will help you to install the firmware on your device.
3. Power OFF your device, Go to Download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons together until you have Android Robot on your home screen
4. Install Galaxy Y Duos drivers if you havn’t installed yet.
5. Open ODIN on your system. Now, You need to connect your device with your system.
6. Once connected successfully you will notice that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn to yellow color with the COM port number.
7.You need to select the files that you want to install in your device. You can find these files from the files you have extracted in the step1.
- Click on “PDA” and select the file which has “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “PHONE” and select the file which has “MODEM” in its name.
- Click on “CSC” and select the file which has “CSC” in its name.
- Click “PIT” and select the file which has “.pit” in its name.
8. Now, you need to check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in the ODIN panel. If you have selected the .pit file then you have to check the Re-Partition option.
9. Click on the Start button in ODIN. You will see the installation process in progress. Installation process may take few minute to complete.
10. Once installed, device will restart itself. Unplug your device from the system after seeing the home screen.
That’s it. You have successful updated your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with 2.3.6 DDLJ1 firmware. If you have faced any issue while following the tutorial then feel free to share it with us via leaving a comment.